How to fix dizziness or vertigo at home with exercises. Dizziness & vertigo usually result from conflicting information coming from the inner ears, eyes, or movement receptors in your neck. These really effective exercises address all three areas to give you quick dizziness relief.
0:11 How we get dizzy
3:32 INNER EAR
5:19 Other causes of dizziness
5:40 Medication alternative
THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT TYPES OF DIZZINESS EXERCISES ADDRESS…
1. DIZZINESS FROM THE NECK. (CERVICOGENIC DIZZINESS EXERCISES)
If joints are jammed/restricted in your upper neck, or lower neck, this will throw out your body’s positional sense. (It can send information about your position that conflicts with your inner ear and eyes.)
If you have a tight or stiff upper neck or headaches it more likely that your upper neck is the cause.
If you have really tight shoulders, poor neck posture, or looking at the ceiling makes you feel dizzy, the lower neck is more likely to be what makes you dizzy.
So, the first two exercises I give you in this video aim at loosening the joints and muscles in your neck.
2. DIZZINESS FROM EYE PROBLEMS (VOR OR GAZE STABILITY EXERCISES)
If your eye muscles are weak, or the connection between your eyes and the balance system of your brain is weak, “gaze stability exercises” may be what you need. I show you how to test for this and how to correct it quickly.
3. DIZZINESS FROM THE INNER EAR (BPPV EXERCISES)
Sometimes stray crystals can find their way into the semi-circular canals of your inner ear. The crystal’s movement can confuse the detectors within the canal causing something called BPPV. (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.) If you get a real spinning sensation a few seconds after turning onto one side, when you’re lying in bed, it’s likely you have this problem.
I show you how to do the Dix-Hallpike test for BPPV, to see if crystals in your inner ear are causing your spinning or vertigo sensation.
The Epley Manoeuvre is probably the most famous treatment for BPPV, but research suggests that a much simpler technique—Brandt-Daroff vestibular training—is equally as effective (and less likely to cause distressing dizziness as you do it) so I show you how to do that.
OTHER CAUSES OF DIZZINESS AND VERTIGO:
If your dizziness continues, always get it checked out because there are more serious causes of dizziness and vertigo.
• Meniere’s disease is one possibility and often comes with hearing loss, a blocked ear feeling, or a roaring tinnitus.
• Stress can cause a floating sensation.
• Blood pressure problems (high or low) can cause dizziness especially with a change of position like getting up from either sitting or lying down.
• Medication side effects.
• Other causes include stroke and cancer thought, so seek immediate medical attention if you also experience a severe headache, fever, difficult speaking, weakness in your arms or legs, double vision, blindness, loss of consciousness, numbness or tingling, or a fever with your dizziness.
If your symptoms are chronic, try this natural supplement to help settle your dizziness: 240 milligrams of ginkgo biloba each day, can be as effective as leading medication to help settle symptoms.
The 3 Ultimate Neck Hump Exercises…
Rhomboid Pain. How To Fix Shoulder Blade Pain Quickly…
THE Best Exercises For Scoliosis…
Say ‘Hi!’ on social media:
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/49086519
#bodyfixexercises #PREVENTercise #bodyfixes